Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Really Easy Dessert

Guess what? I am not a big fan of sweet desserts. I know, it's hard to believe, but I'd rather have a nice Port or Sherry after dinner than dessert. Still, sometimes after a fabulous dinner only a fabulous dessert will suffice. Unfortunately, I am not a good baker. I know, it's hard to believe that one too! But no matter how many times I've tried, my cakes always seem dry, my cookies come out hard and my souffles never rise! Luckily I found this easy dessert recipe that ANYONE can do and requires NO BAKING! You will need:
  • 8 slices of crostini bread (or thinly slice day-old French bread)
  • 1 cup frozen and thawed Raspberries
  • 1 TSP. Balsamic vinegar
  • 1 TBSP. Sugar
  • Mascarpone Cheese
  • Ginger Ice Cream (optional)
  • Honey (optional)
In a bowl place the raspberries. Add the Balsamic vinegar and the sugar. Let it macerate in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly toast your day-old bread or get your crostini out and place two slices per plate. Give each slice a good smear of Mascarpone cheese. If you can't find Mascarpone, you can use regular cream cheese. Top each crostini with the raspberry mixture, which should be syrupy by now. Serve with Ginger ice cream and drizzle a little honey over the crostini and ice cream.

No comments: