- Ready made cannoli shells (12 pack)
- 1 lb. fresh ricotta (2 cups)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Special equipment: pastry bag or a make-shift ziploc pastry bag
Make filling: Beat together ricotta, confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed 1 minute (do not overbeat). Chill filling for 15 - 20 minutes.
Spoon filling into pastry bag and pipe some into one end of a cannoli shell, filling shell halfway, then pipe into other end. Repeat with remaining shells. Garnish with chocolate chips and sprinkle confectioner’s sugar over the cannolis.