Thursday, September 08, 2005

Protein Smoothie

My doctor recommended that I should drink a lot of water if I ever want to snack on junk food. But sometimes water just wont do. And if I'm really hungry for a snack he suggested I try protein shakes. Now, I don't know about you, but I've tried many shakes and they are, sad to say, quite unappetizing. I came up with this smoothie because, 1. its fun and easy to make and 2. it tastes really good. Thank God for my Cuisinart hand blender. This handy appliance works really great and there is less clean up than a regular blender. In a large, wide mouth cup (the hand blender comes with one) add 1/3 cup frozen strawberries, slightly thawed, 1/3 cup raspberries, slightly thawed, 1/3 cup non-fat yogurt, 1/3 cup low-sugar juice like apple juice, OJ, or you can substitute with soymilk, 1 scoop of strawberry protein powder, and 2 packets of Splenda sugar. Then blend with your mixer. If the mixture is too thick, add more juice or soymilk. I used strawberries and raspberries that were frozen. I thawed them down slightly on my microwave for 1 minute. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: