- 1 bag of Spring Mix salad mix
- 3 oz. crumbled gorgonzola cheese (or more, depending on your taste)
- 6 to 8 thin red onion slices
- 1 Anjou or Bosc pear
- A good handful of dried cranberries (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup of whole pecan
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bottle of Henry's Raspberry vinaigrette or your favorite raspberry vinaigrette
In a large salad bowl, add the entire bag of spring mix. Place rings of red onion over the salad, then sprinkle the gorgonzola cheese over it. Cut the pear in slices, lengthwise, and add to salad, then add the cranberries on top of that. Set aside.
In a small non-stick skillet, add the pecans and heat on low. Keep toasting pecans on low for about 5 to 7 minutes. Raise heat to medium and add the brown sugar and butter to pecans. Let it all melt and keep toasting and cooking until all sugar is melted, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly, then add the pecans over the entire salad and serve with the vinaigrette on the side.