INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups very finely grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped arugula
- 12 Jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- store bought pesto
Place shrimp in a ziploc bag and add 1/4 cup of your favorite store bought pesto. Marinate in the fridge 15 to 30 minutes.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the linguine and cook until it is al dente, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, sear or grill the shrimp until just done.
Immediately toss the hot pasta in a large bowl with the butter to coat. While tossing the linguine, gradually sprinkle the cheese, pepper, and enough of the reserved cooking liquid evenly over the linguine to moisten. Add the arugula and toss to combine. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt.
Divide the pasta among 4 plates and place 3 seared shrimps on each plate and serve.