Thursday, April 17, 2008

Amaretto Sour Cocktail

In my family, the siblings each have their own favorite cocktail. My brother, Tom, fancies bloody Mary’s; I, of course, love champagne and champagne cocktails; and my sister, Nathalie, is an amaretto sour kind of girl. She showed me last night how to make this pretty good and sweet, yet slightly sour, cocktail. The maraschino cherry is paramount, so don't forget it!

INGREDIENTS (makes 1 fabulous cocktail)

  • 1 1/2 oz. DiSaronno Amaretto Liqueur
  • 2 splashes Sweet and Sour Mix
  • maraschino cherries
  • slices of orange (optional)
DIRECTIONS

Pour the amaretto liqueur into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Add a splash or two of sweet and sour mix, and shake well. Strain or pour into an old-fashioned glass, garnish with a maraschino cherry and a slice of orange, and serve.

No comments: