Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Princess Diaries, Part Deux

Name: Princess Diaz
Breed: Short hair Chihuahua
Hometown: Chula Vista, CA
Hobbies: Sleeping, tanning, eating chicken, barking at Elvis (the evil dog that lives next door), did I mention sleeping?

Dear Diary:

La pinche Bean doesn't leave me alone. I don't know how poor Lilu can stand her. Sometimes I just want to slap Bean...if only these paws would let me. Today was sunny (finally) and I tanned a little. Then Lilu and I went up the side of the hill and pooped and peed, and then the ridiculous Bean followed us. Then I took a nap. Ate a bit more. Cleaned myself. Took another nap and my so-called owners fed me chicken, which is my favorite. After that big meal, I tanned some more then took a 4 hour nap. Oh, I think it's bedtime now. Buenas noches!

SOFT DOGGIE TREATS (for older dogs with sensitive teeth)

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 (2 1/2 oz. each) jars of baby food; either beef or chicken
  • 1/4 cup Dry milk powder
  • 1/4 cup Wheat germ or cream of wheat
DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Roll into small balls and place on well-greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 15 minutes until brown. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate to keep fresh or freeze. Great for older dogs with teeth problems.

No comments: