Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lemon Pasta

Lemon Pasta
My Sunday consisted of recovering from a party I went to last night, taking Princess & Lilu for a long walk, and watching 60 Minutes and Antiques Road Show at the same time (by flipping back and forth, of course). When I'm in recovery mode, I don't get hugry until the hair of the dog is gone. So, since I didn't have much time to plan my evening meal, I made this super quick and great tasting pasta dish. The measurements are approximate because I tend to just "eye-ball it" and you can use olive oil instead of butter, if you prefer.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • Zest from 1 lemon
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Salt and fresh ground pepper
  • Grated Parmesan
  • About a pound of whatever kind of pasta you feel like (I used spaghetti)
  • About 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
DIRECTIONS

Cook the pasta according to package directions. In the meantime, melt butter in small pot on low heat and add lemon juice. Once pasta is cooked, drain and put the pasta back in pot and add lemon sauce. Add the lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste and chopped basil. Put on serving plate and sprinkle with fresh parmesan and a little more zest. Reserve a little of the pasta water to loosen the sauce, if desired.

No comments: