Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cheesy-Garlicky Biscuits

mmm, copy cat biscuits....
My family loves the Red Lobster--especially my grandparents. I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling is all the butter they use on all their food! Actually, I like Red Lobster, too, but I especially love their cheddar cheese biscuits. While I was in Minnesota, my brother-in-law, Tim, made us his copycat recipe of Red Lobster's famous biscuits...and you know what? They almost tasted the same. This is a very quick and easy recipe and your kids (and grandparents) will love them.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups buttermilk baking mix, Bisquick
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • ¼ cup butter, melted
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 450°

In mixing bowl, mix together baking mix, milk and cheese until a soft dough forms, then beat vigorously 30 seconds. Drop from spoon onto ungreased baking sheet and bake at 450° until golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes.

Mix together butter and garlic powder. Brush over hot biscuits and serve hot. Makes 10 - 12.

**Tim mentioned to us that he tried using the low-fat version of the Bisquick in this recipe before, but the biscuits didn't come out as tender or flaky, so stick to the original stuff.

No comments: