Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Perfect Grill Marks

The Perfect Grill Marks Have you ever been to a steak house or to a dinner party and the grill marks on your steak were perfect? Have you wondered, "how did they do that?" Believe me, I have, and I've been learning the art of grill marks for a while. I'm still an intermediate beginner but my husband has mastered the art. Check out his perfect steak pictured above!

To acquire the perfect grill marks on your steak you will need:

  • A hot grill
  • Patience, and
  • Timing

Place your steak directly onto a hot grill for a few minutes. Then using tongs or a spatula give your steak a quarter turn to create the second set of marks resulting in a crisscross pattern.

When it is time to flip your steak repeat the process of grilling for a few minutes and then give it a quarter turn.

You may need to practice a few times before mastering the art of presentation, but once you've learned it you shan't forget it. Don't forget to baste your steaks in your favorite BBQ sauce or one of my new favs, Sweet Baby Ray's barbacue sauce.

No comments: