Thursday, November 24, 2005

Frozen Cranberry and Orange Relish

What I love about cooking are all the various recipes there are out there for me to try! I've been in chilly Minnesota these past few days and I've already learned so much about the regional cooking here. One recipe that I tried and really enjoyed was this cranberry relish made from frozen cranberries. Yes, you read correctly: frozen cranberries. What I love about this recipe is that it only contains three ingredients and there is NO COOKING! My father-in-law, Jim Blaha, showed me how to make the relish in a food grinder but if you don't have one available, a food processor will work just as well.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (12-ounce) package Ocean Spray® Cranberries, rinsed and drained then frozen
  • 1 unpeeled orange, cut into eighths and seeded
  • 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
Directions: Place half of the frozen cranberries and half the orange slices in food grinder or food processor. Process until mixture is evenly chopped.

Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining cranberries and orange slices. Stir in sugar. Store in refrigerator overnight. Makes about 3 cups.

No comments: