Saturday, November 19, 2005

Five Minute Breakfast

As some of you may know, I've been sick the last couple of days and haven't been doing much cooking. But this morning I finally woke up with an appetite for breakfast. Unfortunately, I didn't have much to work with since I haven't done any grocery shopping. What I did have were eggs, cheese and croissants. So I made this fast and tasty breakfast for myself and my sister and it came out pretty darn good. The best part is that you only need 3 ingredients!!!

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 Croissants
  • 2 Eggs
  • 4 Slices of American cheese (or your favorite cheese)
  • Oil for frying

First, in a large non-stick pan, heat a teaspoon of oil on medium-high. Slice the crossaints lengthwise and place a slice of cheese (optional).

Crack two eggs into the pan and fry them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. After two or three minutes, flip. Top with a slice of cheese and finish cooking for another two minutes. If you don't like a runny yolk, cook it a minute or two longer.

Place and egg with the melted cheese into the croissant and serve immediately.

YUMMY!

No comments: