INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- Pinch of cumin
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small avocado, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 Tbsp. currants (optional)
- Queso fresco or feta cheese
In a medium saucepan cook onion in 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in cumin; cook for 30 seconds. Carefully add broth and bring to a boil; stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand for five minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the chopped tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and currants in a bowl. Add the juice of half a lime and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add a little salt and pepper to taste and gently mix to combine.
Add the tomato mix to the couscous and fluff couscous with a fork before serving. Garnish with queso fresco and more cilantro sprigs, and drizzle more olive oil, if desired.