Sunday, August 05, 2007

Thai Basil Mimosa

Thai Basil Mimosa
It is a lovely Sunday afternoon. The temperature in San Diego is in the mid 70s with a slight breeze...so what is a girl to do? Well, of course, sit out by the beach and have herself a mimosa, you silly goose! But not just any mimosa, my friend, this refreshing basil mimosa came about after I found some lovely Thai basil for 69 cents at the North Park Market. I had tons of limes, and as always I keep sugar cubes in stock in case I get a mojito craving. I have to say, this was quite a refreshing drink. I'm pretty sure you can try it with seltzer water instead of champagne and make it non-alcoholic...but what fun is that?

INGREDIENTS (makes 2 mimosas)

  • 8 Thai Basil leaves
  • 3 sugar cubes
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Handful of crushed ice
  • Simple syrup
  • Sparkling wine or champagne, preferably Brut
DIRECTIONS

In a martini shaker, add the Thai basil, sugar cubes, the lime juice and a small amount of crushed ice. Muddle the heck out of it. Add 1 tablespoon of simple syrup (or more, if you prefer), the rest of the crushed ice and cover tightly. Shake. Shake. Shake. Strain the green goodness and pour into two champagne glasses, then slowly top each glass with champagne or sparkling wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UPDATE!!!