INGREDIENTS (serves 4 guys or 1 girl on her period)
- 1 (28-ounce) bag frozen shoestring potatoes, such as Ore-Ida® Shoestrings (about 2 cups)
- Oil for deep frying (Vegetable or Peanut)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced or passed through a garlic press
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced Italian parsley
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Over medium heat, lightly sauté the minced garlic in the olive oil. When it gets to a light, golden color, remove from heat and set aside.
In a frying pan or deep fryer, heat the oil to 350°. Fry small batches of the fries for about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes or according to package directions. Transfer fries to a serving dish, then drizzle the garlic mixture over warm French fries and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese and toss again. Delicious.