INGREDIENTS (Serves 6)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can dice tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 egg
- 1 (7 oz.) pkg. Martha White® Sweet Yellow Cornbread Mix or your favorite cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded romaine
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
Heat oven to 400° F. Combine ranch dressing, salsa and 1 cup cilantro leaves in small food processor or blender. Process until well blended. Cover and refrigerate.
In 10-inch Lodge® cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken, 3 tablespoons cilantro, salt, cumin, pepper and tomatoes with green chilies; cook 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Wipe out skillet with paper towel; grease.
In large bowl, beat egg. Add cornbread mix and milk; mix well. Place tortilla chips in greased skillet. Pour cornbread mixture over chips. Spoon chicken mixture over cornbread mixture; sprinkle with cheeses.
Bake at 400º F. for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Top with romaine and tomatoes; drizzle with dressing.
Recipe courtesy of National Cornbread Cookoff