INGREDIENTS (serves 4 to 6)
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 Roma tomatoes (or about 8 Cherry tomatoes)
- 1 seedless watermelon wedge, 5 inches wide
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
There is no need to seed or peel the cumbers. Slice cucumber lengthwise then again lengthwise. Finally cut crosswise into chunks, about 1 inch in size. Cut the tomatoes into quarters then cut them in half (if using Cherry tomatoes, only cut them in half). Cut watermelon into the same size chunks as the cucumbers. Place the cucumbers, tomatoes and watermelon into a large bowl and toss gently.
Whisk together vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Add the mint, basil and feta. Toss gently to combine. Serve at room temperature.