INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- About a 1.5 pounds of red snapper
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Spanish olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 8oz. "tomate frito" or El Pato tomato sauce
- Handful of black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup of brined lupini beans, outer shells removed and soaked in warm water for a few minutes to remove excess salt
Wash the red snapper in cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large skillet with 2" sides, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the snapper and quickly sear until you're able to flip the fish over (about 90 seconds). Add the wine and raise the heat and bring to a boil. Add the tomato sauce, olives and lupini beans. Lower heat and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes more. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with steamed white rice and a good, dry Spanish wine.