INGREDIENTS (serves 6 - 8)
- 1 box of Near East Original Plain couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into 1/4"
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise or in 1/4" rounds
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2" rings (do not separate)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to broil.
Place the tomatoes, zucchini, red onions and asparagus in a baking pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Broil for 8 minutes, then turn veggies over and broil another 5 minutes, or until lightly charred. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
Once veggies have cooled, cut into bit size pieces.
In medium saucepan, bring water and pepper just to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork; cool, uncovered 10 minutes.
In large serving bowl combine lemon juice, remaining olive oil, parsley, mint and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk until well blended. Add the couscous, all the vegetables, and the green onion. Gently mix well and chill 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir in the feta cheese.