Thursday, October 13, 2005

Baked Cajun-Style Swordfish

Sometimes after work I am tired and completely brained out when I get home and I really don't feel like cooking an elaborate meal. This is when the oven is my best friend. Roasting is such a wonderful way to cook, especially in the winter months. Roasting usually will give you a good caramelization on your food and, if prepared right, your food will come out juicy. Surprisingly, my husband and I found swordfish on sale at Albertson's. Since I'm still new at grilling fish, I decided to roast it. I used my trusty Butt Rub on the fillets and a Louisiana Seafood Sauce to finish it off. It was so darn tootin' good...and very spicy.

INGREDIENTS (for 2 people)

  • 2 Swordfish Steaks
  • 2 TBSP of any rub or Butt Rub
  • 1/4 Cup your favorite BBQ Sauce, preferably for fish. I used Louisiana Cajun Style Seafood Sauce.

1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees 2. Generously coat both sides of the steaks with the rub mixture. 3. Place the steaks on a baking pan lined with aluminum foil 4. Bake for 15 minutes, and then pour BBQ sauce over each steak. Bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with a fresh side salad or with Creamy Arugula Polenta.

No comments: