INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- One package of udon noodles, shrimp flavor (in the refrigerator section)
- 6 medium to large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced baby bellas or white mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons white wine or fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Place your egg in a sauce pan and fill with water to just cover the egg. Bring water to a boil. Cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let it cook with steam for 10 minutes. Drain and let egg cool. Slice and set aside.
In a skillet, add 2 teaspoons olive oil on medium high. Add the shrimp, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the white wine or lemon juice. Saute another 2 minutes until shrimp is cooked, mushrooms are soft and lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
Follow the cooking directions on udon noodle package and make the noodles, except only add 1/2 of the shrimp packet (flavoring). Then add the shrimp , garlic and mushroom mixture.
Serve udon noodles with shrimp and mushrooms and top with slices of egg and sprinkle scallions on top.