INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 1 to 1 -1/4 lbs. ahi (yellowfin tuna, sashimi grade) diced to 1/4" (you want 2 cups total)
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 green onion, minced (white and green parts)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame chili oil (use regular sesame oil if you can't find sesame chili oil)
- 1/8 tsp. Hawaiian salt or kosher salt
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 small avocado (optional)
- A little bit of lime juice (optional)
Combine all ingredients, except avocado and lime juice, in a stainless steel bowl and gently mix. Refrigerate well (2 to 4 hours). Make this on the day of use.
When ready to serve, squirt a little lime juice over 1 small diced avocado, if using, and add to the ahi poke and serve in martini glasses and with a side of fried wontons.