Monday, October 01, 2007

Jim Blaha's Margaritas

Blaharita
My father-in-law, Jim Blaha, makes an awesome margarita-on-the-rocks, or a Blaharita, as I like to call them. One evening while I was in Minnesota visiting them, I saw his "secret" recipe on the counter and immediately my spy instincts took over and I took a picture of the recipe. Anyhoo, I got his secret recipe, but later I found out that his recipe was a modification of the Applebee's margarita recipe! Nevertheless, this margarita is quite tasty and will most definitely get you schnokered.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/4 oz. 1800 Tequila
  • 3/4 oz. Grand Marnier
  • 3/4 oz. Cointreau
  • 1 oz. simple syrup
  • 1 oz. fresh lime juice
  • 4 oz. sweet and sour mix
DIRECTIONS

Salt the rim of your margarita glass; add ice into the glass.

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine tequila, Grand Marnier, Cointreau, simple syrup, lime juice and sweet and sour mix and give it a good 10 second shake. Strain into your margarita glass and garnish with lime wheel. Salud! Jim Blaha's secret recipe

No comments: