INGREDIENTS (makes about 2 cups of mashed potatoes)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 1 Idaho potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped fine (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk, divided
- A couple of rasps of freshly grated nutmeg, or a pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place potatoes into a large pot filled with cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are fork tender (mashable), about 15 minutes.
In the mean time, place brown sugar, chipotle pepper, butter, nutmeg and half of the milk into a bowl. Add the cooked potatoes and mash away. If potatoes look too dry, add the remaining milk and salt and pepper to taste and mash a bit more. Serve as a side dish to a nice medium-rare steak and enjoy!