INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 1 jar (15 oz.) doña Maria nopalitos, drained
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 med. sweet onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Serrano or jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Mexican queso fresco cheese or feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
In a glass bowl, mix the first five ingredients together.
In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad, toss well to coat. Refrigerate salad 2 to 4 hours. Before serving, add the crumbled Mexican queso or feta cheese. This makes a great side dish, or serve it with tortilla chips and serve as an appetizer.