Monday, January 16, 2006

Apple Mojito

As you know, I love mojitos. They are one of my all-time favorite cocktails probably because mojitos are so refreshing and not overly sweet. Well, I was walking down the liquor isle at Trader Joe's a few weeks back and lo and behold I saw Pommelle. Intrigued, I bought it eventhough I had never tried it before--yeah, that's the type of person I am. Anyway, I came up with this cocktail. It's quite potent so be careful. And remember, the key to a fantastic mojito is fresh mint...always!

INGREDIENTS

  • Pinch of sugar
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges
  • Fresh mint leaves
  • 2oz. Pommelle, Liqueur de pomme (Apple liquor)
  • Club soda
Muddle 5 or 6 mint leaves with a pinch of sugar and one lime wedge in a glass. I use the back of a wooden spoon to muddle. Add ice, 1-1/2 to 2 ounces of Pommelle and top it off with club soda. Lightly stir, serve and enjoy!

No comments: