Thursday, January 01, 2009

Baked Spicy Chickpeas

Well, it's January 1st and our New Year's resolutions shall start again. This time my resolution is to eat more healthy foods and get more legumes and veggies in my diet. Since I've been so sick since Monday, I've been living on tea and chicken broth, but today I decided I wanted a snack. I could not find anything in the house to snack on except a can of chickpeas. So, after getting some ideas from other blogs, I came up with this spicy baked chickpeas. They are so addicting to snack on...I ate the entire thing!

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. cayenne
  • 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Rinse the chickpeas, drain them and dry them well. Place in a bowl with olive oil, and all the spices. Mix well.

Now place the chickpeas in a baking tray or into a shallow baking dish. Cook in a pre-heated 400F oven for 15 minutes. Give the pan a little shake and continue baking until crispy and golden on the outside, about 10 to 15 more minutes. You may want to bake them a little longer if you prefer a crispier snack. Sprinkle a little more kosher salt as soon as they come out, but let them cool a little before you devour them!

No comments: