Saturday, January 26, 2008

Garlicky Baked Salmon

yummy baked salmon
I've been kind of lax with my postings lately and that has to do with two things: 1. my camera died and I can't take pictures of my food and 2. I haven't been trying any new recipes lately. Anyway, I've been getting into the cooking groove again and I made this very simple but quite flavorful dish. Try to get the freshest salmon for this because it really makes a difference.

INGREDIENTS (serves 2)

  • 2 Salmon fillets, 6 oz. each
  • Butter (real butter)
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 lemon, cut into slices
DIRECTIONS

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Place a large piece of foil onto a baking sheet (you want the foil to be large enough to create a tent over fish). Smear the center of foil with butter.

Meanwhile, rinse the salmon and pat dry with paper towel. Drizzle olive oil all over both salmon fillets, then season with salt and pepper and divide the garlic on both sides of each fillet.

Place the fillets on top of smeared butter on foil, then place a pat of butter (or two) over each fillet, followed by two slices of lemon over each piece. Bring the corners of foil together to create a tent and make sure all sides a closed tightly.

Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with your favorite side dish (I served it with cannelloni beans and sauteed spinach) however plain white rice and steamed broccoli will also go well with this dish.

No comments: