If you're a little weary about the raw shrimp, you can just make a batch of the imitation crab meat ceviche and use that instead. It's still delicious!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. small raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 5 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves, lightly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Lay out shrimp in the bottom of glass baking dish. Pour lemon and lime juice over them and refrigerate for 3 hours. The juice will "cook" the shrimp.
- Toss into the "cooked" shrimp the jalapeño, tomatoes, red onion, and the cilantro leaves. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for and additional hour.
- Just before serving, put the ceviche into your serving dish. Dice up two avocados and add it to the ceviche and gently mix to combine. Add a bit more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with a side of tostadas. Slather a little mayo on the tostada then top it with the ceviche and enjoy!