Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Polar Bear Ice Cream Treat

Courtesy Ranger Rick Jr. Magazine

I'd like to welcome my surprise blogger today, my 5 year-old daughter who will be the guest cook for today's recipe. It's not that I'm running out of recipe ideas (okay, maybe a little); it's just that I keep forgetting to write down my new recipes and/or take pictures of my creations.

This past Christmas my daughter received a magazine subscription to Ranger Rick Jr. from her MaMare and Jimmy Jam. In this month's issue (January 2015), this recipe appears on the inside back cover of the magazine. As soon as my girl saw it she immediately wanted to make it! I then made a quick trip to the store and bought the ingredients (actually, I only had to buy the ice cream and shredded coconut; I had loads of marshmallows leftover from the Christmas holiday).

This is a really great way to get your kids to start cooking and to follow recipes. Since my daughter is barely learning to read, I read the instructions out loud to her and she followed the steps.

This is a great treat for the kiddos and the adults, too!

INGREDIENTS (makes 1 snack)
  • 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
  • 5 marshmallows (note: I only used 3 large marshmallows and cut them in half.)
  • 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
  • 6 raisins (3 whole raisins and 3 raisins cut in half) or (note: I only had currants so we used 6 currants).
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Place a scoop of ice cream on a plate.
  2. Use marshmallows to make ears, snout, and paws.
  3. Make eyes, claws, and a nose with raisins.
  4. Sprinkle with coconut all around.




1 comment:

Erin said...

looks yummy! way to go Stella!