Saturday, January 09, 2010

Will Work for Fridge

Dear readers:

This past week I have been living out of a Coleman cooler. You see, my fridge was on the fritz. Last Sunday I woke up to a non-working fridge and all the food in the freezer was warm and mushy. Sadly, I had to throw everything away because I didn't know how long the freezer had been kaputz. And then the refrigerator also stopped working, and hence, I have not been cooking at all this past week. Instead, I've been eating all the stuff from our pantry from canned tuna fish to canned garbanzo beans, mandarins, and dare I say, Chunky soup (ewww!). Perhaps I could have gone to the drive-thru, but since it's the new year my resolution was to not eat from fast food joints and to limit my "going-out" to restaurants. Believe me, it was hard because I was tempted almost every day to order out pizza.

Long story short, my dad fixed the fridge and saved us like $800 because we didn't have to buy a new one. The capacitor (flux capacitor? LOL) broke and he just had to replace it. Anyway, this morning I woke up to a nice and chilly fridge, but completely empty (except for a pint of half-and-half, I need that for my coffee). So Stella and I will be doing some major shopping at Albertson's today, and we'll be hitting the farmer's market, too. I'm not sure what I'll be making tonight, but let me tell you there will be no tuna, garbanzo beans or any type of canned soup involved!

No comments: