INGREDIENTS (1 serving)
- 1 teaspoon red vine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon good extra virgin olive oil
- A nice handful of organic mesclun mix or your favorite lettuces
- 6 cherry tomatoes, preferably from your garden
- a few shavings of Winey Goat cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a bowl add the vinegar and a pinch of salt and whisk a little. Add the olive oil and keep whisking to combine. Add the mesclun mix, the tomatoes and a few grinds of fresh ground pepper (I added another tiny pinch of salt, too) and gently toss to coat the salad with the vinaigrette. Place on serving plate then top with cheese shavings and enjoy. This tastes great with a lightly grilled (or toasted) piece of crusty French bread.