- 1 Chicken breast half, bone-in and with skin left on (but trim any excess fat)
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Montreal seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cold Water
You will need a plastic container with an air-tight lid that is large enough for chicken. Place 1 cup water and all the ingredients, except chicken. With your fingers or spoon, stir for a few seconds. Add the chicken and then add more water until chicken is completely submerged in the brine. Cover with an air-tight lid and place in the refrigerator over night.
Lemon and Sage Roasted Chicken
- 2 large fresh Sage leaves
- 2 thin lemon slices
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- Fresh, ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375.
Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry with a paper towel. Discard brine.
Run your fingers gently under the chicken skin and separate, but don't separate all the way. Place 2 slices of lemon and 2 leaves of sage and one tablespoon of butter under the skin. Rub the remaining butter all over the chicken and grind some fresh black pepper over it. Place the chicken in a baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until juices run clear (I have a convection oven, so it took me half an hour).
Remove chicken and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. A nice side of collard greens with bacon would be phenomenal with this dish.