INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- Half a pound spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tsp. flour
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder if you're feeling lazy)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 can of clams, drained but RESERVE THE JUICE
- 1/4 cup good white wine
- Half of a tomato, or a small Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley (or 1/4 tsp. if you're still lazy)
Cook pasta according to package directions (you want al dente pasta). Don't forget to salt the water.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat add oil and butter and let butter melt. Then add flour. Keep stirring (or whisking) for about one minute. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes and let whisk again for 30 seconds, then add the reserved clam juice and white wine. Bring to a simmer and keep on low for 4 minutes. Add the clams and keep cooking another 2 minutes until clams are heated through. Lastly, add the tomatoes to the sauce. NOTE: if your sauce starts to get too thick, add a little of the pasta water a few tablespoonfuls at a time. Taste sauce for salt and pepper and adjust seasoning.
By now, your pasta should be ready. Drain the pasta and immediately add it to the skillet with the clams sauce. Mix it to combine, turn off the heat and add the parsley. Serve and enjoy!