INGREDIENTS (makes one pizza)
- Store bough pizza dough,
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes (use San Marzano tomatoes, if possible)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly, ground black pepper
- Several fresh basil leaves (about 10), if they are very big you can coarsely chopped them
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and, if you have one, place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven.
Form dough into a 12-inch pizza round or rectangle to 1/2" thick or thinner. Place on a pizza peel or sheet pan.
Pour sauce over pizza and smooth to spread evenly, leaving a 1/2-inch border along the edges of the dough. Sprinkle basil leaves on top of sauce and then top with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Finally, drop teaspoonfuls of ricotta then sprinkle mozzarella and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and the edges are golden brown. It's so easy and so good!