Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Beermaking with a Brew Kit - Part 3

Finally, our homemade beer! To view part 1, click here.

To view part 2, click here.

Well, my friends, our beer is finally ready. After 40 days and 40 nights, we finally opened up the bottles of our homemade beer, and boy was it good! Since this was our first time making beer, we decided on an American Pale Ale from the Mr. Beer Premium beer kit. The flavor was very crisp and the beer was quite bubbly. It did not have a bitter taste and the finish was very smooth. My friend Leo told us it reminded him of a Miller High Life, the champagne of beers, while my brother said it tasted somewhat like hard cider.

I have to say that my husband and I had a lot of fun making the beer; waiting for it is the hardest part, but after you taste the goodness, you'll want to make more beer. I think we're going to try an IPA or a stout next. We'll keep you posted.

No comments: